Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6
Piceatannol powder Chemical Base Information Name Piceatannol CAS 10083-24-6 Purity 98% Chemical name 3,4,3′,5′-Tetrahydroxy-trans-stilbene Synonyms 3-Hydroxyresveratol (E)-4-(3,5-dihydroxystyryl)benzene-1,2-diol 3,5,3′,4′-Tetrahydroxystilbene Molecular Formula C14H12O4 Molecular Weight 244.24 Boling Point / InChI Key CDRPUGZCRXZLFL-OWOJBTEDSA-N Form […]
Piceatannol powder Chemical Base Information
|Appearance||light tan to yellow|
|Solubility||H2O: 0.5 mg/mL
DMSO: 10 mg/mL
ethanol: 10 mg/mL
Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6 General Description
Powder Piceatannol and its glucoside, astringin, are phenolic compounds found in mycorrhizal and non-mycorrhizal roots of Norway spruces (Picea abies).It can also be found in the seeds of the palm Aiphanes horrida and in Gnetum cleistostachyum. Piceatannol is a metabolite of resveratrol found in red wine, grapes, passion fruit, white tea, and Japanese knotweed.
Piceatannol is an anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory and antiproliferative agent. It inhibits p56lck and syk protein tyrosine kinases and inhibits NF-κB activation and gene expression of TNF-induced.
Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6 History
Two decades ago, the hydroxystilbenes piceatannol and transresveratrol were found, in a study of the antioxidant potential of natural products, to hinder carcinogen-induced preneoplastic lesion development in a murine mammary gland organ culture model. Piceatannol is naturally present in various plants and is a primary active ingredient in several. It is known to exhibit a wide range of biologic activities, including antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer functions. Native to southern and southeastern Asia, Rhodomyrtus tomentosa (rose myrtle, which is a member of the Myrtaceae family), which has been utilized in traditional medicine in China, Malaysia, and Vietnam for myriad indications including wound healing, contains piceatannol as an active ingredient.
Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6 Mechanism Of Action
How does Piceatannol work in the body? Piceatannol is an anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and anti-proliferative stilbene that has been shown to interfere with the cytokine signaling pathway.
Piceatannol, previously reported as a selective inhibitor of protein tyrosine kinase Syk, is structurally homologous to resveratrol. Whether piceatannol can also suppress NF-κB activation was investigated. The treatment of human myeloid cells with piceatannol suppressed TNF-induced DNA binding activity of NF-κB. In contrast, stilbene or rhaponticin (another analog of piceatannol) had no effect, suggesting the critical role of hydroxyl groups. The effect of piceatannol was not restricted to myeloid cells, as TNF-induced NF-κB activation was also suppressed in lymphocyte and epithelial cells.
Piceatannol also inhibited NF-κB activated by H2O2, PMA, LPS, okadaic acid, and ceramide. Piceatannol abrogated the expression of TNF-induced NF-κB-dependent reporter gene and of matrix metalloprotease-9, cyclooxygenase-2, and cyclin D1. When examined for the mechanism, we found that piceatannol inhibited TNF-induced IκBα phosphorylation, p65 phosphorylation, p65 nuclear translocation, and IκBα kinase activation, but had no significant effect on IκBα degradation.
Piceatannol inhibited NF-κB in cells with deleted Syk, indicating the lack of involvement of this kinase.
Overall, our results clearly demonstrate that hydroxyl groups of stilbenes are critical and that piceatannol, a tetrahydroxystilbene, suppresses NF-κB activation induced by various inflammatory agents through inhibition of IκBα kinase and p65 phosphorylation.
Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6 Application
Piceatannol powder is the main ingredient use for dietary supplements, capsules and other health supplements.
Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6 Benefits
The benefits of piceatannol may include:
- Piceatannol is a well-known Syk inhibitor and reduces the expression of iNOS induced by TNF.
- Piceatannol is an effective agent for research of acute lung injury (ALI).
- Piceatannol is a naturally occurring polyphenolic stilbene found in various fruits and vegetables and exhibits anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Piceatannol induces apoptosis in DLBCL cell lines.
- Piceatannol induces autophagy and apoptosis in MOLT-4 human leukemia cells.
- Studies supporting the potential therapeutic effects of piceatannol in metabolic disease, including inhibition of adipogenesis and lipid metabolism in adipocytes, and regulation of hyperlipidemia, hyperglycemia, insulin resistance, and fatty acid-induced inflammation and oxidative stress.
Piceatannol Vs Resveratrol: What Are The Similarities, differences?
- Piceatannol Vs Resveratrol
Resveratrol, 3,4′,5-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene , is a famous polyphenolic stilbenoid contained in red wine.
Piceatannol (3,3′,4,5′-tetrahydroxy-trans-stilbene, is an oxygenated analog of resveratrol.
- Piceatannol with higher bioavailability than resveratrol
Resveratrol affords protection against reactive oxygen species (ROS)-related diseases via activation of SIRT1, an NAD+-dependent deacetylase. However, the low bioavailability of resveratrol limits its therapeutic applications. Since piceatannol is a hydroxyl analog of resveratrol with higher bioavailability, it could be an alternative to resveratrol.
- Piceatannol protective effect superior than resveratrol
Piceatannol and resveratrol were different in cytotoxicity, oxidant-scavenging activities, and mechanisms of cytoprotection. Protection by piceatannol against apoptosis induced by reactive oxygen species was superior to that by resveratrol. In addition to the sirtuin 1–dependent pathway, piceatannol exerted nuclear factor erythroid 2–related factor 2/heme oxygenase-1–mediated antioxidative and antiapoptotic effects, which could be an advantage of piceatannol compared with resveratrol.
Buy Piceatannol And Resveratrol Powder
Resveratrol is a cancer preventative agent that is found in red wine. Piceatannol is a closely related stilbene that has antileukaemic activity and is also a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Piceatannol differs from resveratrol by having an additional aromatic hydroxy group.
Wisepowder is manufacturer focusing on the research, manufacturing and innovation of raw materials for nootropics, nutritional supplements and anti aging..etc. Provide both of PIceatannol and resveratrol powder with large quantity in stock. Buy Piceatannol and resveratrol powder from Wisepowder, the quality and service are guarantee.
Piceatannol powder 10083-24-6 Reference
- Kwon, J. Y.; Seo, S. G.; Heo, Y.-S.; Yue, S.; Cheng, J.-X.; Lee, K. W.; Kim, K.-H. (2012). “Piceatannol, Natural Polyphenolic Stilbene, Inhibits Adipogenesis via Modulation of Mitotic Clonal Expansion and Insulin Receptor-dependent Insulin Signaling in Early Phase of Differentiation”. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 287 (14): 11566– doi:10.1074/jbc.M111.259721. PMC 3322826. PMID 22298784.
- Yao, Chun-Suo; Lin, Mao; Liu, Xin; Wang, Ying-Hong (2005). “Stilbene derivatives from Gnetum cleistostachyum”. Journal of Asian Natural Products Research. 7 (2): 131– doi:10.1080/10286020310001625102. PMID 15621615.
- Nichols, T. C., T. H. Fischer, E. N. Deliargyris, A. S. Baldwin, Jr. 2001. Role of nuclear factor κB (NF-κB) in inflammation, periodontitis, and atherogenesis. Ann. Periodontol. 6: 20CrossRefPubMed
- Al-Ramadi, B. K., T. Welte, M. J. Fernandez-Cabezudo, S. Galadari, B. Dittel, X. Y. Fu, A. L. Bothwell. 2001. The Src-protein tyrosine kinase Lck is required for IL-1-mediated costimulatory signaling in Th2 cells. J. Immunol. 167: 6827
- Manna, S. K., N. K. Sah, B. B. Aggarwal. 2000. Protein tyrosine kinase p56lck is required for ceramide-induced but not TNF-induced cellular responses: effect on activation of NF-κB, AP-1, JNK and apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 275: 13297