L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Calcium powder is the calcium salt form of L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (L-Methylfolate), which is the most bioavailable and active form of folic acid (vitamin B9) the human body can actually use. L- and 6(S)- forms are biologically active, while D- and 6(R)- are not.
Manufacture: Batch Production
Package: 1KG/bag, 25KG/drum
02 Contact Us
03 Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) video
04 Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) Base Information
|Chemical name||Levomefolate Calcium|
|Synonyms||LMCA; Deplin; Bodyfolin; Nutrifolin;L-5-MTHF-Ca; Calcium levomefolate; Levomefolate calcium; Folic Acid Impurity 3; L-5- Methyl leucovorin; Levomefolate (calcium salt)|
|Molecular Weight||497.5 g/mol|
|Appearance||Off-White to Light Yellow|
|Solubility||Aqueous Acid (Heated), Water (Slightly, Heated)|
|Storage Condition||Storage at freezer(-20℃) for long term storage|
|Application||The calcium salt of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid which belongs to the group of folate vitamins (Vitamin B9, Folacin). It is a coenzymated form of folic acid.|
05 Levomefolate calcium General Description
Calcium L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF-Ca) is a synthetic derivative of folic acid, the predominant, naturally occurring form of folate. L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, also known as levomefolic acid, is the primary biologically active form of folate. It is involved in many important in vivo process including DNAreproduction, the cysteine cycle and the regulation of homocysteine. It is also the form found in circulation and transported across membranes into tissues and across the blood-brain barrier. It can be used for the treatment of major depressive disorder, cardiovascular disease and cancer. It can be used for the treatment of hyperhomocysteinemia regularly found in hemodialysis patients.
06 L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate calcium History
07 Levomefolate calcium Mechanism Of Action
08 Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) Application
mainly for folic acid antagonists (such as methotrexate, pyrimethamine, benzyl cefalexin and trimethoprim) antidote, it’s usually used for prevention of methotrexate dose or overdose treatment caused severe toxic effects.
folic acid treatment of the following diseases, such as inflammatory diarrhea and protein-energy malnutrition (poor nutrition), pregnancy or infancy megaloblastic anemia caused by poor.
as adjuvant therapy for colon cancer, rectal cancer.
combined with 5-FU and treatment of digestive tract tumors or other 5-FU-sensitive tumors. High-dose CF used in conjunction with 5-FU (LF), the basic programme is currently the treatment of colon and rectal cancer.
for children with leukemia, lymphoma, and osteosarcoma, such as high dose MTX treatment when rescued.
09 L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate calcium More research
Levomefolate calcium (N-[4-[[(2-amino-1,4,5,6,7,8-hexahydro-5-methyl-4-oxo-(6S)-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]L-glutamic acid, calcium salt) is a synthetic calcium salt of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-methyl-THF), which is a metabolite ofvitamin B9 and has a molecular weight of 497.5 and a molecular formula of C20H23CaN7O6. Folic acid is the man-made form of folate. Folate is a B-vitamin naturally found in some foods. It is needed to form healthy cells, especially red blood cells. Folic acid supplements may come in different forms (such as L-methylfolate, levomefolate, methyltetrahydrofolate). They are used to treat or prevent low folate levels. Low folate levels can lead to certain types of anemia. Conditions that can cause low folate levels include poor diet, pregnancy, alcoholism, liver disease, certain stomach/intestinal problems, kidney dialysis, among others. Women of childbearing age should receive adequate amounts of folic acid either through their diet or supplements to prevent infant spinal cord birth defects. The calcium salt of Levomefolate calcium which belongs to the group of folate vitamins (Vitamin B9, Folacin). It is a coenzymated form of folic acid and a more bioavailable alternative in dietary supplements.
10 Levomefolate calcium Document Download
11 Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) Reference
- Prinz-Langhebohi, R.: et al., Br. J. Pharmac., 158, 2014 (2009); Wright, A. et al.: Brit, J. Nutrit., 103, 724 (2010);
- Wiesinger H, Eydeler U, Richard F, et al. Bioequivalence evaluation of a folate-supplemented oral contraceptive containing ethinylestradiol/drospirenone/levomefolate calcium versus ethinylestradiol/drospirenone and levomefolate calcium alone. Clin Drug Investig. 2012 Oct 1;32(10):673-84.
- Hartmut Blodea, Christine Klippingb, Frank Richardc, et al. Bioequivalence study of an oral contraceptive containing ethinylestradiol/drospirenone/levomefolate calcium relative to ethinylestradiol/drospirenone and to levomefolate calcium alone. Contraception.2012, 85(2), :177-184
12 PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
- 01. Overview
- 02. Contact Us
- 03. Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) video
- 04. Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) Base Information
- 05. Levomefolate calcium General Description
- 06. L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate calcium History
- 07. Levomefolate calcium Mechanism Of Action
- 08. Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) Application
- 09. L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate calcium More research
- 10. Levomefolate calcium Document Download
- 11. Levomefolate calcium (151533-22-1) Reference
- 12. PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER: