Noopept powder also known as Omberacetam, is an AMPA receptor modulator potentially for the treatment of cognitive deficits. N-Phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethylester is promoted as a nootropic and is a prodrug of cycloprolylglycine. Othernames include the brand name Noopept (Russian: Ноопепт), developmental code GVS-111; proposed INN omberacetam.
02 Noopept powder (157115-85-0) video
03 Noopept powder (157115-85-0) Base Information
|Chemical name||ethyl (2-phenylacetyl)-L-prolylglycinate|
|Synonyms||DVD-111; GVS-111; SGS-111; DVD111; GVS111; SGS111; DVD 111; GVS 111; SGS 111; Omberacetam|
|Molecular Weight||318.367 g/mol|
|Appearance||white crystalline powder|
|Half Life||30–60 minutes|
|Solubility||Soluble in water; Soluble in DMSO|
|Storage Condition||0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).|
|Application||Noopept is a peptide that is promoted as a natural method of improving cognitive functions.|
04 Noopept powder General Description
Omberacetam (also known as GVS-111 and noopept) powder is a nootropic substanceof the racetam class. Omberacetam is promoted and prescribed in Russia andneighbouring countries as a nootropic with neuroprotective properties
05 Noopept powder (157115-85-0) History
The Russian Academy of Medical Sciences had been working since the mid-1980s to make oligopeptides that were structurally similar to non-peptide molecules. They evaluated piracetam’s structure and performed conformational analysis, which resulted in the creation of a series of di-peptides containing proline. One of those molecules, known then as GVS-111 and eventually as Noopept, was selected because it “exhibited the highest nootropic activity: it improved learning and attenuated the effects of damaging factors on conditioning and memory in doses 3 orders of magnitude lower than the corresponding doses of piracetam.”).
06 Noopept (157115-85-0) Mechanism Of Action
Neuropeptides are small molecules that are involved in a wide range of physiological functions and can act as neurotransmitters, neuromodulators or hormones in the central nervous system and in the periphery.2)3). Peptides, however, are typically not able to be taken orally because they are rapidly broken down by the gastrointestinal tract, well before they would be able to enter the blood or cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and enter the brain . However, double (di-) and triple (tri-) bonded peptides, have a special transporter (PepT1 ) that gives them a sort of express lane across the gut, where they are able to get into the blood and brain successfully. With this knowledge, a lab in Russia that specialized in creating di- and tri-peptide versions of other molecules, set out to make a more powerful version of piracetam. They created hundreds of variations of dipeptides and one molecule clearly stood out from the pack: known then as GVS-111 and eventually as noopept.
07 Noopept (157115-85-0) Application
Nootropic drugs are described as “Smart Drugs” because, as a whole, this drug category can have an enhancing effect in the areas of memory, focus, cognition, and neurological deficits. The bulk of these drugs have proven to improve conditions like dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and certain types of brain traumas. Noopept is one such nootropic. Noopept is a brand name for a chemical called N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester, which is the synthetic alternative to Piracetam. In order to receive the greatest benefit the required dosage of Noopept is much lower than Piracetam. For example, 4800 mg of piracetam is equated to a daily dosage of Noopept at only 15-30 mg. After administration, Noopept appears to provide a neuro protective effect; however, researchers have yet to explain exactly why this neuro protective element occurs (Frank, 2014).
08 Noopept (157115-85-0) More research
Noopept is a synthetic molecule, derived in 1996, in order to prevent cognitive decline in elderly. One “mechanism of action” (how noopept works) is by improving alpha brain wave function in adults . By improving alpha brain wave function, the user is more likely to remember facts, figures, and patterns. Noopept supports cognitive function by also improving specific brain chemicals as we have mentioned above.
The BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) chemical is responsible for forming memories and learning ability. While you may not feel any differences from having more BDNF, it is assuredly how the memory enhancement of noopept can help you.
Finally, noopept is a potent anxiolytic that helps reduce irritability and stress. The way noopept manages to do this is through an “increase of tonic inhibition in the hippocampus”. Unless you deeply desire to understand what this nootropic is doing in your brain, there is no need to understand this highly scientific phrase.
09 Noopept (157115-85-0) Document Download
10 Noopept (157115-85-0) Reference
- Liu Z, Peng Y, Ma B, Bi K, Liu Y, Sun G, Ping G, Guo Y. A pharmacokineticstudy on a novel anti-HBV agent imidol hydrochloride in rats. Int J Pharm. 2014 Jan 30;461(1-2):514-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2013.12.002. PubMed PMID: 24333907.
- Long JA, Harris NJ, Lammertsma K. Formaldehyde oxime <–> nitrosomethane tautomerism. J Org Chem. 2001 Oct 5;66(20):6762-7. PubMed PMID: 11578232.
- McIlroy PJ, Richert ND, Ryan RJ. Effects of proteinase inhibitors on adenylate cyclase. Biochem J. 1980 May 15;188(2):423-35. PubMed PMID: 7396871; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1161885.
- 2019 The Best Nootropics Noopept Powder: Effects, Dosage
- 2019 Best Nootropic Choline Source Citicoline Vs. Alpha GPC
- Buy the Best Nootropics Fasoracetam Powder in 2019
- Ultimate Guide of Sunifiram vs Unifiram in 2019: Which One is better?
- Coluracetam Review: A Powerful New Nootropic Powder in 2019
- 01. Overview
- 02. Noopept powder (157115-85-0) video
- 03. Noopept powder (157115-85-0) Base Information
- 04. Noopept powder General Description
- 05. Noopept powder (157115-85-0) History
- 06. Noopept (157115-85-0) Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Noopept (157115-85-0) Application
- 08. Noopept (157115-85-0) More research
- 09. Noopept (157115-85-0) Document Download
- 10. Noopept (157115-85-0) Reference