Ibutamoren, also known as MK-677, MK-0667, and L-163,191, is a non-peptidic, potent, long-acting, orally-active, and selective agonist of the ghrelin receptorand a growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the growth hormone (GH)-stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin. It has been demonstrated to increase the release of, and produces sustained increases in plasma levels of several hormones including GH and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1),but without affecting cortisol levels.
02 MK-677 powder (159752-10-0) video
03 MK-677 powder (159752-10-0) Base Information
|Chemical name||Ibutamoren; L 163191; L163191; L-163191; MK0677; MK-0677; MK0677; MK677; MK-677; MK 677.|
|Molecular Weight||624.77 g/mol|
|Half Life||24 hours|
|Solubility||>50 mg/ml in DMSO, >25 mg/ml in Water|
|Storage Condition||– 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).|
|Application||A potent, non-peptide ghrelin receptor agonist|
04 MK-677 powder General Description
Ibutamoren (also known as ibutamoren mesylate or MK-677 powder), promotes the secretion of the growth hormone (GH) and increases insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1).Ibutamoren increases growth hormone levels by mimicking the action of the hormone ghrelin and binding to one of the ghrelin receptors (GHSR) in the brain. Activated GHSR stimulates growth hormone release from the brain.
GHSR is found in brain regions that control appetite, pleasure, mood, biological rhythms, memory, and cognition. Therefore, we can expect that ibutamoren may also affect these functions. However, so far, clinical studies describe only the effects ibutamoren has on appetite – and as expected, like ghrelin, ibutamoren increases it. It’s currently legally available as a research chemical.
05 MK-677 powder (159752-10-0) History
Ibutamoren or MK-677 powder is a ghrelin mimetic GH secretagogue.We know that sounds like some dope from the Star Wars movies. But that term best explains how this drug works.It mimics the action of Ghrelin, which is the hunger hormone in the body but is also associated with our circadian rhythms. And it stimulates the release of naturally occurring Growth hormone in the body which inturn also increases the levels of IGF-1.Ibutamoren was discovered in the early part of the 1990s and has been studied extensively since then for its potential therapeutic applications.
Particularly, as a safer alternative for exogenous hormone replacement in teens and adolescents who lack GH. As we briefly mentioned, there are multiple reasons why it is considered to be a better bet than exogenous GH. As of June 2017, ibutamoren is in the preclinical stage of development for growth hormone deficiency.
06 MK-677 (159752-10-0) Mechanism of action
MK-677 is one of the most popular compounds on the market right now. To be clear, Ibutamoren doesn’t belong to the SARMs family. Just like with Cardarine and Stenabolic it’s just marketed as a SARM to make things easier. One of the most notable claims made about Ibutamoren is that it can increase the secretion of growth factors-1 (IGF-1) and growth hormone (GH).
It does this by imitating the way the ghrelin hormone works. This allows it to bind onto one of the brain’s dedicated ghrelin receptors (GHSR). Once activated, GHSR then stimulates the production of the growth hormone in the brain.
What makes MK-677 so unique is the fact that it can increase GH levels. Butit does not disrupt the action of other hormones in your body such as cortisol.
This is in addition to the regulation of energy distribution in the body. It also affects the way our bodies metabolize fat. It can also influence our ability to recover from conditions such as Type 2 diabetes and obesity.
When taken on its own, MK677 has the potential to boost HGH production without disturbing other hormones. Users also like the fact that Ibutamoren doesn’t suppress the body’s existing levels of growth hormones and testosterone, which is a huge bonus considering the benefits.
07 MK-677 (159752-10-0) Application
Ibutamoren (INN) (developmental code names MK-677, MK-0677, L-163,191) is a potent, long-acting, orally-active, selective, and non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and a growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the growth hormone (GH)-stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin. It has been shown to increase the secretion of several hormones including GH and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and produces sustained increases in the plasma levels of these hormones without affecting cortisol levels.
Ibutamoren has been shown to sustain activation of the GH–IGF-1 axis and to increase lean body mass with no change in total fat mass or visceral fat. It is under investigation as a potential treatment for reduced levels of these hormones, such as in children or elderly adults with growth hormone deficiency, and human studies have shown it to increase both muscle mass and bone mineral density, making it a promising potential therapy for the treatment of frailty in the elderly.
08 MK-677 (159752-10-0) More Research
Since MK-677 is still a Investigational New Drug, it has been used experimentally by some in the bodybuilding community. Since itchemically mimics the hormone ghrelin, it functions as a neuropeptide in the central nervous system andcrosses the blood-brain-barrier.
09 MK-677 (159752-10-0) Document Download
10 MK-677 (159752-10-0) Reference
- Prahalada S, Block G, Handt L, DeBurlet G, Cahill M, Hoe CM, van ZwietenMJ. Insulin-like growth factor-1 and growth hormone (GH) levels in canine cerebrospinal fluid are unaffected by GH or GH secretagogue (MK-0677) administration. Horm Metab Res. 1999 Feb-Mar;31(2-3):133-7. PubMed PMID: 10226793.
- Schleim KD, Jacks T, Cunningham P, Feeney W, Frazier EG, Niebauer GW, Zhang D, Chen H, Smith RG, Hickey G. Increases in circulating insulin-like growth factor I levels by the oral growth hormone secretagogue MK-0677 in the beagle are dependent upon pituitary mediation. Endocrinology. 1999 Apr;140(4):1552-8. PubMed PMID: 10098487.
- Bailey AR, Smith RG, Leng G. The nonpeptide growth hormone secretagogue, MK-0677, activates hypothalamic arcuate nucleus neurons in vivo. J Neuroendocrinol. 1998 Feb;10(2):111-8. PubMed PMID: 9535057.
- Hickey GJ, Jacks TM, Schleim KD, Frazier E, Chen HY, Krupa D, Feeney W, Nargund RP, Patchett AA, Smith RG. Repeat administration of the GH secretagogue MK-0677 increases and maintains elevated IGF-I levels in beagles. J Endocrinol. 1997 Feb;152(2):183-92. PubMed PMID: 9071975.
- Sarms Review:The Best Sarms Powder For Sale of 2019
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.
- 01. Overview
- 02. MK-677 powder (159752-10-0) video
- 03. MK-677 powder (159752-10-0) Base Information
- 04. MK-677 powder General Description
- 05. MK-677 powder (159752-10-0) History
- 06. MK-677 (159752-10-0) Mechanism of action
- 07. MK-677 (159752-10-0) Application
- 08. MK-677 (159752-10-0) More Research
- 09. MK-677 (159752-10-0) Document Download
- 10. MK-677 (159752-10-0) Reference