Galantamine Hydrobromide powder is the hydrobromide salt form of galantamine, a tertiary alkaloid with anticholinesterase and neurocognitive-enhancing activities. It is an alkaloid acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Galantamine competitively and reversibly inhibits acetylcholinesterase, thereby increasing the concentration and enhancing the action of acetylcholine (Ach). This agent may improve neurocognitive function in mild and moderate Alzheimer' s disease and may reduce abstinence-induced cognitive symptoms that promote smoking relapse.
Manufacture: Batch Production
Package: 1KG/bag, 25KG/drum
02 Galantamine Hydrobromide powder video
03 Galantamine Hydrobromide Base Information
|Name||Galantamine Hydrobromide powder|
|Chemical name||(4aS,6R,8aS)-4a,5,9,10,11,12-Hexahydro-3-methoxy-11-methyl-6H-benzofuro[3a,3,2-ef]benzazepin-6-ol hydrobromide |
|Synonyms||Galanthamine Hydrobromide; Galantamine HBr; Nivalin; Razadyne; Reminyl; Nivaline; Razadyne. |
|Molecular Weight||368.271 g/mol|
|Melting Point||126.5 °C (259.7 °F)|
|Appearance||White to Off-white powder|
|Half Life||7 hours|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, not in water|
|Storage Condition||Dry, dark and at 0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).|
|Application||Galantamine (brand names Razadyne, Reminyl, and others) is used for the treatment of cognitive decline in mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease and various other memory impairments.|
04 Galantamine Hydrobromide General Description
Galantamine hydrobromide powder is a tertiary alkaloid obtained synthetically or naturally from the bulbs and flowers of Narcissus and several other genera of the Amaryllidaceae family with anticholinesterase and neurocognitive-enhancing activities. Galantamine competitively and reversibly inhibits acetylcholinesterase, thereby increasing the concentration and enhancing the action of acetylcholine (Ach). In addition, galantamine is a ligand for nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, which may increase the presynaptic release of Ach and activate postsynaptic receptors. This agent may improve neurocognitive function in mild and moderate Alzheimer’ s disease and may reduce abstinence-induced cognitive symptoms that promote smoking relapse.
05 Galantamine Hydrobromide powder History
Galantamine Hydrobromide powder is able to get from the bulb of leucojum aestivum, the content is around 0.1% to 2% on dry basis. While Galantamine Hydrobromide has higher content up to 7.4% in phaedranassa negistrophylla, another name of Lycoris radiata plant. However, these plants are from key precious resources and protected by the government. There are 20 lycoris species in the world, and 16 species in China, locating along the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River. The raw plants nowadays are cultivated and bulk quantities are available. Lycoris radiata is the most popular natural source for the extraction of Galantamine Hydrobromide.
06 Galantamine Hydrobromide Mechanism Of Action
So how exactly does galantamine hydrobromide work? Although the act of cognitive impairment in Alzheimer’s (AD) isn’t fully understood, it’s been reported that acetylcholine-creating nerves degenerate within the brains of patients with Alzheimer’s.
The degree of this cholinergic loss continues to be correlated with amount of cognitive impairment and density of amyloid plaques (a neuropathological hallmark of Alzheimer’s).
Galantamine hydrobromide binds electrostatically towards the enzyme active site of cholinesterase. Binding is reversible, as a result it functions as a competitive reversible inhibitor of cholinesterase and extends the hydrolysis of endogenous acetylcholine, therefore growing its accumulation and extending and potentiating its effects, that are expressed in intensified and prolonged mediation at the amount of cholinergic postsynaptic membrane.
Galantamine hydrobromide has been discovered to exert direct impact on some CNS structures with cholinergic nerves. Additionally, it functions in CNS by reflex path, potentiating afferent impulses from some peripheral reflexogenic areas..
07 Galantamine Hydrobromide Application
- Galanthamine Hydrobromide is mainly used in myasthenia gravis, poliovirus quiescent stage and sequela, also in polyneuritis, funiculitis and sensorimotor barrier caused by nervous system disease or traumatism.
- Galanthamine Hydrobromide is also used in Alzheimer’s disease, has the principal function for dement and dysmnesia caused by organic brain damage.
08 Galantamine Hydrobromide More Research
Galantamine is produced from natural resources and a patented total synthesis process. Many other synthetic methods exist but have not been implemented on an industrial scale.
09 Galantamine Hydrobromide Document Download
10 Galantamine Hydrobromide Reference
- Li W, Zhou Y, Zhao N, Hao B, Wang X, Kong P. Pharmacokinetic behavior and efficiency of acetylcholinesterase inhibition in rat brain after intranasal administration of galanthamine hydrobromide loaded flexible liposomes. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2012 Sep;34(2):272-9. doi: 10.1016/j.etap.2012.04.012. Epub 2012 May 3. PubMed PMID: 22613079.
- Riemann D, Gann H, Dressing H, Müller WE, Aldenhoff JB. Influence of the cholinesterase inhibitor galanthamine hydrobromide on normal sleep. Psychiatry Res. 1994 Mar;51(3):253-67. PubMed PMID: 8208872.
- Cozanitis DA. [Galanthamine hydrobromide : a substitute for eserine sulphate (physostigmine) in the treatment of the cerebral effects of anti-cholinergic substances]. Nouv Presse Med. 1978 Dec;7(45):4152. French. PubMed PMID: 745952.
- Cozanitis DA. Galanthamine hydrobromide, a longer acting anticholinesterase drug, in the treatment of the central effects of scopolamine (Hyoscine). Anaesthesist. 1977 Dec;26(12):649-50. PubMed PMID: 603022.
- Best Nootropic Stack Guide: Everything You Need To Know [5 Years Experience]
- A Comprehensive Overview On Nootropic Supplements Galantamine Hydrobromide in 2020
- 01. Overview
- 02. Galantamine Hydrobromide powder video
- 03. Galantamine Hydrobromide Base Information
- 04. Galantamine Hydrobromide General Description
- 05. Galantamine Hydrobromide powder History
- 06. Galantamine Hydrobromide Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Galantamine Hydrobromide Application
- 08. Galantamine Hydrobromide More Research
- 09. Galantamine Hydrobromide Document Download
- 10. Galantamine Hydrobromide Reference