IDRA-21 powder (22503-72-6)
IDRA-21 powder is a nootropic research chemical classed as an ampakine. Ampakines affect the glutamatergic AMPA receptor. It is able to improve focus and attention as well as promote learning and memory. Ampakines are growing in popularity largely because they provide the cognitive benefits of stimulants without the undesirable side effects. And IDRA-21 is a positive allosteric modulator of the AMPA receptor and a benzothiadiazine derivative. It is a chiral molecule, with (+)-IDRA-21 being the active form.
Manufacture: Batch Production
Package: 1KG/bag, 25KG/drum
IDRA-21 powder (22503-72-6) video
IDRA-21 powder Base Information
|Chemical name||7-Chloro-3-methyl-3,4-dihydro-2H-1,2,4-benzothiadiazine S,S-dioxide|
|Synonyms||IDRA-21; IDRA 21; IDRA21.|
|Appearance||White to off-white solid powder|
|Half Life||24/36 hours|
|Solubility||soluble in DMSO (100mM)|
|Storage Condition||Store at RT|
|Application||An analog of cyclothiazide that Inhibits AMPA receptor desensitization|
IDRA-21 powder General Description
IDRA-21 powder is classified as an ampakine. It is able to improve focus and attention as well as promote learning and memory. Ampakines are growing in popularity largely because they provide the cognitive benefits of stimulants without the undesirable side effects.
In a 1995 study done on rats, IDRA-21 reduced cognitive deficits induced by alprazolam (Xanax). That same year, another study showed cognitive impairment induced by scopolamine was reversed in monkeys by IDRA-21. No human studies have been done.
IDRA-21 powder (22503-72-6) History
IDRA-21 powder is a positive allosteric modulator of the AMPA receptor and a benzothiadiazine derivative. It is a chiral molecule, with (+)-IDRA-21 being the active form.
IDRA-21 was bio-active in animal studies, significantly improving learning and memory. It is around 10–30 times more potent than aniracetam in reversing cognitive deficits induced by alprazolam or scopolamine, and produces sustained effects lasting for up to 48 hours after a single dose.The mechanism for this action is thought to be through promoting the induction of long-term potentiation between synapses in the brain.
IDRA-21 does not produce neurotoxicity under normal conditions, although it may worsen neuronal damage following global ischemia after stroke or seizures.
In comparison to the ampakines or benzoylpiperidine-derived AMPA receptor potentiators, IDRA-21 was more potent than CX-516, but less potent than CX-546. Newer benzothiadiazide derivatives with greatly increased potency compared to IDRA-21 have been developed, but these have not been researched to the same extent, with the benzoylpiperidine and benzoylpyrrolidine CX-series of compounds being favoured for clinical development, most likely due to more favourable toxicity profiles at high doses.
IDRA-21 (22503-72-6) Mechanism Of Action
IDRA-21 as an ampakine stimulant drug, stimulants are allosteric modulators of AMPA receptors in the brain. These AMPA receptors are in charge of fast synaptic transmission and are involved in synaptic plasticity and long term potentiation. Being an ampakine the IDRA-21 works through the modulation of AMPA receptors in the brain. It is responsible for binding the allosteric site and subsequently forcing positive modulation. Some refer to this process as allosteric activation.
IDRA-21 is a benzothiadiazine derivative with nootropic properties. It is “very likely IDRA 21 exerts its behavioral effects by antagonizing AMPA receptor desensitization.” Ampakines stimulate glutamatergic AMPA receptors. This enhances concentration and attention span, making this class of drugs interesting candidates for the treatment of learning disabilities as well as general enhancement. Too much glutamate can result in anxiety or nervousness, too little in inertia and apathy.
IDRA-21 (22503-72-6) Application
IDRA-21 is a benzothiadiazine derivative and a positive allosteric modulator ofglutamate AMPA receptors (1,2,3,4). It is able to increase excitatory synaptic strength by inhibiting AMPA receptor desensitization. IDRA 21 may exhibit therapeutic effects to ameliorate memory deficits in patients with cognitive impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease.
IDRA-21 is also thought to induce long-term potentiation (LTP). LTP is a long-lasting enhancement in how neurons communicate with in the brain. It is vitalfor improving synaptic plasticity, which strengthens synapses within the brain. As synapses are largely responsible for memories, enhancing their strength and function is vital to improving overall cognition.
IDRA-21 (22503-72-6) More Research
In comparison to the ampakines or benzoylpiperidine-derived AMPA receptor potentiators, IDRA-21 was more potent than CX-516, but less potent than CX-546. Newer benzothiadiazide derivatives with greatly increased potency compared to IDRA-21 have been developed, but these have not been researched to the same extent, with the benzoylpiperidine and benzoylpyrrolidine CX-series of drugs being favoured for clinical development, most likely due to more favourable toxicity profiles at high doses.
IDRA-21 is a research chemical to be used for research approved by the regulatory agencies in your region.
IDRA-21 (22503-72-6) Reference
- Malkova L, Kozikowski AP, Gale K. The effects of huperzine A and IDRA 21 on visual recognition memory in young macaques. Neuropharmacology. 2011 Jun;60(7-8):1262-8. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2010.12.018. Epub 2010 Dec 23. PubMed PMID: 21185313; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3073152.
- Buccafusco JJ, Weiser T, Winter K, Klinder K, Terry AV. The effects of IDRA 21, a positive modulator of the AMPA receptor, on delayed matching performance by young and aged rhesus monkeys. Neuropharmacology. 2004 Jan;46(1):10-22. PubMed PMID: 14654093.
- Losi G, Puia G, Braghiroli D, Baraldi M. IDRA-21, a positive AMPA receptor modulator, inhibits synaptic and extrasynaptic NMDA receptor mediated events in cultured cerebellar granule cells. Neuropharmacology. 2004 Jun;46(8):1105-13. PubMed PMID: 15111017.
- IDRA-21 Powder Dosage, Half-life, Benefits, Side effects, and Review.
- Nootropics powder
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Aniracetam Review: Is This Nootropic Powder Good For You?
- Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine(GPLC): The Best Supplement For Bodybuilding
- The Best Stable Vitamin C 3-O-Ethyl-L-ascorbic Acid in Cosmetic Use
- Best Nootropic Stack Guide: Everything You Need To Know [5 Years Experience]
- Oxiracetam Nootropics: Everything You Need To Know About This Nootropic In The Racetam Family
- CMS121 powder (1353224-53-9)
- 3-O-Ethyl-L-ascorbic Acid (86404-04-8)/li>
- Tianeptine powder (66981-73-5)