9-Methyl-β-carboline (9-Me-BC) powder is a research chemical, which is a heterocyclic amine. Also referred to as 9-Me-BC, the chemical may be synthesized by performing the Eschweiler – Clarke reaction on the freebase of beta-carboline. Right now, 9-methyl-β-carboline is considered one of the best in-class Nootropics, designed to deliver prolonged positive effects on the dopamine system in the brain. Recent studies show that 9-me-bc powder may have stimulatory effects in the brain that may prevent the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease. The chemical may also help to stimulate neuron and neurite growth, making it a promising treatment that may be used to deal with degenerative brain disorders. Other studies also show that 9-me-bc may also protect the brain from toxin-induced damages as well. What really sets 9-methyl-β-carboline apart are its strong dopaminergic properties. These properties can significantly improve various aspects of cognitive function in the brain.
Manufacture: Batch Production
Package: 1KG/bag, 25KG/drum
9-Me-BC powder (2521-07-5) video
9-Me-BC powder (2521-07-5) Base Information
|Molecular Weight||182.226 g/mol|
|Melting Point||105.0 – 109.0 °C|
|Application||9-Methyl-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole (cas# 2521-07-5) is a useful research chemical.|
What is 9-Methyl-β-Carboline (9-Me-BC)?
As already indicated above, 9-Methyl-β-carboline is a research chemical that has shown a lot of Nootropic properties. The chemical can be synthesized in the lab using the Eschweiler – Clarke reaction.
This is basically a chemical reaction where a primary amine is methylated using high amounts of formic acid and formaldehyde. According to 9-me-bc review posts, the chemical is part of the beta-carboline family and has been shown to have a lot of potent dopaminergic properties in various In vitro studies.
In some rodent studies, 9-Methyl-β-carboline was also shown to induce elevated levels of hippocampal dopamine. This led to improved spatial learning performance by the test rodents in a radial maze test. This is actually the main reason why 9-Methyl-β-carboline is seen as a potentially effective Nootropic.
But that is not all. Some studies have also shown that 9-Methyl-β-carboline may trigger the restoration of tyrosine hydroxylase expressing neurons that may in turn help to prevent the pathogenesis of degenerative brain disorders such as Parkinson.
How Does 9-Methyl-β-Carboline Work?
Since 9-Methyl-β-carboline is an experimental chemical, there is very little information out there about how it works. The only thing we know is the fact that the product has Nootropic properties and some potent dopaminergic stimulatory capabilities. But the mechanism of action associated with the chemical is still not clear. It is also important to note that there haven’t been any real human studies on the effects of 9-Methyl-β-carboline.
So far, researchers have done in vitro studies. These are basically test experiments done on biological molecules outside the body. We have also seen rodent studies as well looking at how 9-Methyl-β-carboline affects brain function. So far these studies show a lot of promise. In the rodent studies, in particular, research shows that the introduction of 9-Methyl-β-carboline may trigger improved dopamine levels in the hippocampus, which in turn leads to improved learning and memory among the mice participating in the study.
The hope right now is that we may start to see human-based studies in the near future. But until then, it remains very difficult to fully understand the working mechanisms of 9-Methyl-β-carboline and the kind of effects it may have on the brain.
9-Methyl-β-Carboline (9-Me-BC) Benefits/Effects
9-Methyl-β-carboline comes with a number of benefits. There is potential the chemical may be used as a preventative solution for degenerative brain disorders but research on that is still ongoing.
Nonetheless, here are some of the more notable 9-me-bc effects and benefits:
- Some studies show that 9-Methyl-β-carboline may trigger the increased production of dopamine in the hippocampus. This may lead to improved learning and cognitive abilities. Clinical trials on mice showed that test subjects were able to record a sharp improvement in spatial learning after being treated with 9-Methyl-β-carboline.
- There are also some studies that show the introduction of 9-Methyl-β-carboline may increase the rate at which neurotrophins are produced in the brain. The increased levels of neurotrophins have been known to enhance overall memory and learning in most patients.
- We have also seen some in vitro studies suggesting that 9-Methyl-β-carboline may actually be used as a preventive mechanism in the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease. But how this works is still unclear. There is also talk that 9-Methyl-β-carboline could also be used as a possible preventative drug in dealing with degenerative brain issues in the future. This is because the chemical has some properties that may reduce lipopolysaccharide toxicity in the brain.
- 9-Methyl-β-carboline may also trigger the increased production of ATP or Adenosine Triphosphate in the brain. This may lead to greater cognitive functions among patients.
9-Methyl-β-Carboline (9-Me-BC) Dosage
Since there are no human studies so far on the use of 9-Methyl-β-carboline, pinning down the right dosage is not that easy. Nonetheless, manufacturers of this product recommend a dosage of 15mg per day for adults.
This roughly translates to one capsule a day, which should be taken in the morning. 9-Methyl-β-carboline is ingested through the mouth. In case you are already on other medications, consult with your doctor before using the drug. Nonetheless, info about 9-me-bc half-life is not that clear.
9-Methyl-β-Carboline (9-Me-BC) Side Effects
Very little is known about the possible side effects of 9-Methyl-β-carboline. However, this is considered a fairly safe drug to use as long as you stay within the dosage. One thing to keep in mind though is the possibility of dopamine neurotoxicity.
As you know, 9-Methyl-β-carboline triggers the production of high levels of dopamine in the brain. If these levels become too high, there is a risk they may affect mitochondrial functions. But this is something very rare and should not be a problem for people using the right dosage.
9-Methyl-β-Carboline (9-Me-BC) Powder Buy
9-me-bc nootropic can be purchased as a powder online. There are several vendors these days that carry the product but not all of them are nearly as reliable as you’d want them to be. It is often better to take extra caution just to be sure you are buying from the right sources. One thing you can do is to make sure that you are buying from vendors with some experience in this.
Check out the reviews as well, sellers that have a history of delivering excellent quality for customers are highly recommended. Do not also forget that cheap can be expensive. Although Methyl-β-carboline is not something expensive, you still need to spend a reasonable amount to get it. But it will be worth it.
9-Me-BC powder (2521-07-5) Reference
- Polanski, W; Enzensperger, C; Reichmann, H; Gille, G (2010). “The exceptional properties of 9-methyl-beta-carboline: stimulation, protection and regeneration of dopaminergic neurons coupled with anti-inflammatory effects”. J Neurochem. 113 (6): 1659– doi:10.1111/j.1471-4159.2010.06725.x. PMID 20374418.
- Hamann, J; Wernicke, C; Lehmann, J; Reichmann, H; Rommelspacher, H; Gille, G (2008). “9-Methyl-beta-carboline up-regulates the appearance of differentiated dopaminergic neurones in primary mesencephalic culture”. Neurochem. Int. 52 (4–5): 688– doi:10.1016/j.neuint.2007.08.018. PMID 17913302.
- Herraiz, T; Guillén, H (2011). “Inhibition of the bioactivation of the neurotoxin MPTP by antioxidants, redox agents and monoamine oxidase inhibitors”. Food Chem. Toxicol. 49 (8): 1773– doi:10.1016/j.fct.2011.04.026. hdl:10261/63126. PMID 21554916.