Alpha GPC powder, also known as Choline Alfoscerate and L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine, is a component of PHOSPHATIDYLCHOLINES or LECITHINS, in which the two hydroxy groups of GLYCEROL are esterified with fatty acids. Choline Alfoscerate is a precursor in the biosynthesis of brain phospholipids and increases the bioavailability of choline in nervous tissue. Choline Alfoscerate is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias.
02 Alpha GPC powder (28319-77-9) video
03 Alpha GPC powder Base Information
|Name||Alpha GPC powder|
|Chemical name||Alpha GPC; Choline Alfoscerate; Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine|
|Synonyms||(R)-2,3-dihydroxypropyl (2-(trimethylammonio)ethyl) phosphate; sn-Glycero-3-phosphocholine|
|Molecular Weight||257.2228 g/mol|
|Half Life||4-6 hours|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO, Methanol, Water|
|Storage Condition||Dry, dark and at 0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).|
|Application||Alpha GPC (Choline Alfoscerate) is a phospholipid;precursor in choline biosynthesis and an intermediate in catabolic pathway of phosphatidylcholine. Alpha GPC is used as an Nootropic.|
04 Alpha GPC powder (28319-77-9) Description
Alpha GPC powder or Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine which is also sometimes referred to as Choline Alfoscerate, is one of the many variations of choline supplements available today. AlphaGPC is a popular and effective source of choline and has a unique property of crossing the blood brain barrier easily, thus delivering superior results faster. It is purified from soy lecithin and is considered to be one of the best choline sources available today.As a supplement, Alpha GPC nootropic ranks as one of the top supplements you can take for your brain. The Alpha GPC experience has shownin one of the controlled trials of a group of young adult males, daily doses of 1200 mg improved immediate memory recall and attention. In middle-aged and elderly person trials, supplementation improved reaction times. Other studies of older patients with vascular dementia, Alpha GPChelped improve cognition, and reduced confusion and apathy.
05 Alpha GPC powder (28319-77-9) Background
Alpha-GPC powder is produced in small amounts in the human body, and can be found in plant sources such as soy. It has also been found in milk.
Alpha-GPC is one of the most popular choline supplements on the nootropic market. This is because of its high efficacy, potency, and safety. Many of the premier nootropic formulas on the market make use of this molecule for its ability to provide the brain with the choline necessary to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. This neurotransmitter playsa crucial role in memory development, as well as numerous other cognitive processes. When combined with a cholinergic such as racetams, theeffectiveness of both substances can be significantly enhanced. Whenever taking racetams, it is always recommended to consume alpha-GPC or analternative choline donor to avoid side effects of choline depletion and to optimize the effectiveness fo the nootropic.
06 Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Mechanism Of Action
Alpha GPC stands for Alpha-glycerophosphocholine- a mouthful of a name that should tell you that it has something to do with choline. In fact, it is a choline compound found naturally in trace amounts in the body. Alpha GPC (alpha glycerophosphocholine), like citicoline, may also aidneuroprotective activity. It’s a compound composed of glycerophosphate and choline. Alpha GPC is a natural compound that can also work well with other nootropics. Alpha GPC works fast and helps deliver choline to the brain and actually increases the production of acetylcholine along with cell membrane phospholipids.
In this regard, alpha GPC prompts the cholinergic system that takes care of cognitive aspects like memory recall and thinking. It is a preferred source of choline which acts as a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Acetylcholine is found widely throughout the brain and body and is responsible for many chemical messages that we send and receive. And it isvery well-known for learning as well as for muscle contraction thus forming the brain-brawn link. Alpha GPC works fast and helps deliver choline to the brain and actually increases the production of acetylcholine. By providing your brain with more choline it can convert that to acetylcholine and contribute to a host of downstream effects. Primarily, acetylcholine is utilized by the hippocampus to create memories.
Acetylcholine works in a variety of ways to support your working memory. It can also enhance your linguistic skills, your capacity to reason and use logic, as well as your creativity. The same is also crucial for memory, coordination, and mobility. Levels of this neurotransmitter naturallydecline with age. To make sure that you have enough of this brain chemical available to meet the demands of your cognitive activity, you needto keep levels up.
So when a choline deficiency occurs, the same can be compensated through supplements such as alpha GPC. When you do so, here are some of the amazing benefits you can experience.
07 Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Application
Alpha-GPC is a chemical released when a fatty acid found in soy and other plants breaks down. It is used as medicine.
In Europe alpha-GPC is a prescription medication for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. It is available in two forms; one is taken by mouth, and the other is given as a shot. In the United States alpha-GPC is onlyavailable as a dietary supplement, mostly in products promoted to improve memory.
Other uses for alpha-GPC include treatment of various kinds of dementia, stroke, and “mini-stroke” (transient ischemic attack, TIA). Alpha-GPC is also used for improving memory, thinking skills, and learning.
08 Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) More research
Alpha GPC is not the same as choline, and it is not considered natural in supplement form. Alpha GPC is a water-soluble supplement, which means is not fat soluble. In fact, it is extremely hydrophilic (water loving).Pure supplements need to be kept in chemically rated bags or containers as Alpha GPC with a 99% purity rate will absorb water rapidly. Within a matter of minutes, you could actually see the turning to a gel as it absorbs water from the atmosphere.
09 Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Document Download
10 Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Reference
- Ricci A, Bronzetti E, Vega JA, Amenta F. Oral choline alfoscerate counteracts age-dependent loss of mossy fibres in the rat hippocampus. Mech Ageing Dev. 1992;66(1):81-91. PubMed PMID: 1340517.
- Amenta F, Ferrante F, Vega JA, Zaccheo D. Long term choline alfoscerate treatment counters age-dependent microanatomical changes in rat brain. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 1994 Sep;18(5):915-24. PubMed PMID: 7972861.
- Amenta F, Del Valle M, Vega JA, Zaccheo D. Age-related structural changes in the rat cerebellar cortex: effect of choline alfoscerate treatment. Mech Ageing Dev. 1991 Dec 2;61(2):173-86. PubMed PMID: 1824122.
- Bronzetti E, Felici L, Zaccheo D, Amenta F. Age-related anatomical changes in the rat hippocampus: retardation by choline alfoscerate treatment. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 1991 Sep-Oct;13(2):167-78. PubMed PMID: 15374427.
- 2019 Best Nootropic Choline Source Citicoline Vs. Alpha GPC
- 2019 The Best Nootropics Noopept Powder: Effects, Dosage
- Pramiracetam | The Best Cognitive Enhancer Nootropics Supplement In 2019
- Buy the Best Nootropics Fasoracetam Powder in 2019
- Coluracetam Review: A Powerful New Nootropic Powder in 2019
- A Comprehensive Overview on Brain Nootropics Supplements Centrophenoxine
- The Ultimate Comparison Guide of Racetam Nootropics
- 01. Overview
- 02. Alpha GPC powder (28319-77-9) video
- 03. Alpha GPC powder Base Information
- 04. Alpha GPC powder (28319-77-9) Description
- 05. Alpha GPC powder (28319-77-9) Background
- 06. Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Application
- 08. Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) More research
- 09. Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Document Download
- 10. Alpha GPC (28319-77-9) Reference