Centrophenoxine powder, also known as meclofenoxate, is a cholinergic for used as adietary supplement and drug in the treatment of symptoms of senile dementia and Alzheimer's disease. It has properties similar to acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter important to memory and learning. Centrophenoxinealso can act as a general neural enhancer and protector when taken continuously at a lower dose.
02 Centrophenoxine powder (3685-84-5) video
03 Centrophenoxine powder Base Information
|Synonyms||Meclofenoxate Hydrochloride; Meclofenoxate HCl; Meclofenoxate; Centrophenoxine hydrochloride; Cerutil, Lucidril; Helfergin; Marucotol;Acefen; Atsefen; Brenal;|
|Appearance||white crystalline powder|
|Half Life||2-4 hours|
|Solubility||Soluble in water. Sparingly soluble in cold isopropyl alcohol, acetone. Practically insoluble in
benzene, ether, chloroform.
|Storage Condition||Dry, dark and at 0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).|
|Application||Centrophenoxine is a cholinergic nootropic used asa dietary supplement and drug in the treatment
of symptoms of senile dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
04 Centrophenoxine powder General Description
Centrophenoxine powder, also known as meclofenoxate, is a cholinergic nootropic. It has
properties similar to acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter important to memory and
learning. Centrophenoxine powder used as a dietary supplement and drug in the
treatment of symptoms of senile dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Centrophenoxine hasbeen shown in studies to be effective in enhancing the memory and in improving the
cognitive functions of the elderly. Some studies even suggest that Meclofenoxate has theability to reverse the signs of brain aging. While claims about its ability as a nootropic agent have not been fully established in clinical trials, some studies do strongly suggest that it is indeed very effective in improving memory retention and recall. Centrophenoxine powder for Injection is also indicated for the following conditions: comma; skull and
brain trauma; following a stroke; encephalopathy; mental disorders (in combination with psychotropic agents); mental and psychomotor retardation in children; brain intoxication; alcohol psychoses; neuritis and polyneuritis. The main mechanism of action of
Meclofenoxate is generally believed to be cholinergic in nature. As an efficient
transporter of DMAE, Meclofenoxate encourages the production of choline in the brain, which is then synthesized into acetylcholine. The more acetylcholine neurotransmitters in the brain, the better and more efficient the cognitive functions will be.
Centrophenoxine powder is effective in reversing some of the signs of aging (particularly waste product buildup in the brain) when taken for an acute period (high doses for a month) and can act as a general neural enhancer and protector when taken continuouslyat a lower dose.
05 Centrophenoxine powder (3685-84-5) History
Centrophenoxine powder, also known as Lucidril and Meclofenoxate, is one ofthe earliestand most studied nootropics or so-called “smart” drugs. Originally developed in 1959,
this drug has been used to help age-related brain disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and
dementia. Centrophenoxine powder is also used by healthy people to enhance memory
andcognitive function and improve overall brain health.
06 Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Mechanism Of Action
Lipofuscin levels, essentially accumulated potassium, are reduced. Studies have shown a
correlation between low lipofuscin levels and optimum cellular function. The primary fuelused by the brain is neuronal glucose, which is increased by Centrophenoxine. In
addition to increasing the uptake of oxygen and production of carbon dioxide, the drug promotes RNA, protein, and other essential chemicals in the brain. DNA in the nucleus
of the cell provides RNA, which allows neurons to properly encode memory and repair
damage to brain cells.
07 Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Application
Centrophenoxine powder is an over-the-counter oral supplement recommended for prevention and treatment of senile dementia, notably Alzheimer’s disease; it can be productive for correction of cognitive decline and loss of memory. There are indications Centrophenoxine is efficient for ADHD.
08 Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) More research
Centrophenoxine is a nootropic and memory booster, which is used to treat senile dementia and Alzheimer, it also have some other benefits as below:
2) Improves learning, memory and cognitive skills
3) May improve mood
4) May enhance cancer treatment
5) Might be with anti-aging and lifespan.
09 Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Document Download
10 Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Reference
- Wada F, Ono T, Ikeda C. [Effect of drug-administration on physiological function of
- hemoglobin (author’s transl)]. Nihon Yakurigaku Zasshi. 1981 May;77(5):447-58. Japanese. PubMed PMID: 7297957.
- Sharma D, Maurya AK, Singh R. Age-related decline in multiple unit action potentials of CA3 region of rat hippocampus: correlation with lipid peroxidation and lipofuscin concentration and the effect of centrophenoxine. Neurobiol Aging. (1993)
- Ludwig-Festl M, Gräter B, Bayreuther K. Increase in cell metabolism in normal, diploid human glial cells in stationary cell cultures induced by meclofenoxate. Arzneimittelforschung. (1983)
- Watanabe S, et al. Effects of various cerebral metabolic activators on glucose metabolismof brain. Folia Psychiatr Neurol Jpn. (1975)
- Fülöp T Jr, et al. Effects of centrophenoxine on body composition and some biochemical parameters of demented elderly people as revealed in a double-blind clinical trial. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. (1990)
- A Comprehensive Overview on Brain Nootropics Supplements Centrophenoxine
- Pramiracetam | The Best Cognitive Enhancer Nootropics Supplement In 2019
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.
- 01. Overview
- 02. Centrophenoxine powder (3685-84-5) video
- 03. Centrophenoxine powder Base Information
- 04. Centrophenoxine powder General Description
- 05. Centrophenoxine powder (3685-84-5) History
- 06. Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Application
- 08. Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) More research
- 09. Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Document Download
- 10. Centrophenoxine (3685-84-5) Reference