Sesamol Powder is a natural organic compound which is a component of sesame oil. Sesamol powder has been found to be an antioxidant that may prevent the spoilage of oils, and may protect the body from damage from free radicals. It also may prevent the spoilage of oils by acting as an antifungal. Sesame oil is used in Ayurvedic medicine and sesamol may play a key role in this traditional field. Sesamol powder possesses a number of pharmacological properties which include anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and neuroprotective properties. Sesamol pretreatment offers radioprotection and prevents radiation induced chromosomal aberrations in human blood lymphocytes.
02 Sesamol powder (533-31-3) video
03 Sesamol powder Base Information
|Synonyms||sesamol,3,4-methylenedioxy phenol,5-hydroxy-1,3-benzodioxole,3,4-methylenedioxyphenol,2h-1,3-benzodioxol-5-ol,3,4-methylendioxyphenol,methylene ether of oxyhydroquinone,phenol, 3,4-methylenedioxy,5-benzodioxolol,unii-94iea0nv89|
|Melting Point||62-65 °C(lit.)|
|Appearance||white to off-white crystalline powder|
|Half Life||10.9 ± 0.06 hours|
|Storage Condition||Darkens on storage particularly when stored in the light and at elevated temperatures|
|Application||Sesamol is a natural component of sesame oil with antioxidant activity. Sesamol has potential protective effects against free radicals as well as some antifungal activity. Sesamol can also be used as an intermediate in the preparation of antidepressants such as Paroxetine (P205750).|
04 Sesamol powder General Description
Sesamol powder is crop that is grown for the oil in its seed. It is found in tropical and subtropical areas of Asia, Africa, and South America. Compared to similar crops, such as peanuts, soybean, and rapeseed, the seeds of sesame are believed to have the most oil. Sesame seeds are also rich sources of protein, vitamins, and antioxidants.
People take sesame by mouth for Alzheimer’s disease, anemia, arthritis, heartdisease prevention, cataracts, constipation, high cholesterol, infertility in men, menopause, osteoporosis, pain, stomach ulcers, stomach cancer, stroke, and weight loss.
People apply sesame oil to the skin for aging skin, hair loss, anxiety, frostbite,psoriasis, warts, wound healing, pain, and to prevent bug bites.
People use sesame oil injections to improve the vocal cords.
In foods, sesame oil is used as cooking oil and to make dressings and sauces.Sesame seeds are added to food for flavoring.
05 Sesamol powder (533-31-3) History
06 Sesamol powder Mechanism Of Action
Sesamol powder contains chemicals that help to reduce swelling and increase how quickly skin wounds heal. These chemicals might slow how fast sugar is absorbed from food. This might help people with diabetes. Sesame might also eliminate bacteria that cause plaque. Sesame contains calcium, which might help treat rickets.
07 Sesamol powder (533-31-3) Main Function
1.Sesamin powder has effect on improving the lipid profile;
2.It has function of normalizing the blood pressure;
3.It can be used for loss weight;
4.It can increase ketone production;
5.It also has function of anti-inflammatory.Sesamin has effect on antiviral, fungicides, antioxidants, insecticide synergist.
6.It can also be used to the treatment of bronchitis.
7.It has the function of inhibition the influenza virus, Sendai virus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
08 Sesamol powder More research
Sesamin CAS: 533-31-3 inhibits the conversion of DGLA to arachidonic acid, and consequently decreases the formation of proinflammatory 2-series prostaglandins.Sesamin can decrease cholesterol levels, while increasing high density lipoprotein (HDL aka “good cholesterol”) levels,sesamin can be an anti-inflammatory skin problem: sesamin can inhibit the growth of SC (skin cancer) cell. It can protect skin from UV rays.
09 Sesamol powder Document Download
10 Sesamol powder (533-31-3) Reference
- Joo Yeon Kim, Dong Seong Choi and Mun Yhung Jung Antiphoto-oxidative Activity of Sesamol in Methylene Blue- and Chlorophyll-Sensitized Photo-oxidation of Oil J. Agric. Food Chem., 2003, 51 (11), 3460 -3465.
- Ohsawa, Toshiko. Sesamol and sesaminol as antioxidants.New Food Industry (1991), 33(6), 1-5.
- Wynn, James P.; Kendrick, Andrew; Ratledge, Colin. Sesamol as an inhibitor of growth and lipid metabolism in Mucor circinelloides via its action on malic enzyme. Lipids (1997), 32(6), 605-610.
- Ito N, Hirose M.Antioxidants–carcinogenic and chemopreventive properties. Adv Cancer Res. 1989;53:247-302.
- 2019 The Ultimate Guide of Antioxidant Sesamol
- Lycopene Health Effects丨The Secret of Longevity 2019
- 01. Overview
- 02. Sesamol powder (533-31-3) video
- 03. Sesamol powder Base Information
- 04. Sesamol powder General Description
- 05. Sesamol powder (533-31-3) History
- 06. Sesamol powder Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Sesamol powder (533-31-3) Main Function
- 08. Sesamol powder More research
- 09. Sesamol powder Document Download
- 10. Sesamol powder (533-31-3) Reference