Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid chemically related to resveratrol. It belongs to the group of phytoalexins, agents produced by plants to fight infections.Based on animal studies it is thought to exhibit anti-cancer, anti-hypercholesterolemia, anti-hypertriglyceridemia properties, as well as the ability to fight off and reverse cognitive decline. It is believed that the compound also has anti-diabetic properties, but so far very little has been studied.
02 Contact Us
03 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) video
04 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Base Information
|Molecular Weight||256.3 g/mol|
|Melting Point||89-92 °C|
|Form||A crystalline solid|
|Appearance||Fine free-flowing crystalline powder|
|Half Life||105 minutes|
|Storage Condition||protect from light, 2-8°C|
|Application||Pre-workout, bodybuilding supplements,cosmetics|
05 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) General Description
Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid related to resveratrol chemically, found in small amounts in blueberries and grapes. But the most cost effective source is fromthe bark and heartwood of a tree in India and Sri Lanka. Pterostilbene is famous as its great effort to improve human health, fight against the diseases ofaging and so on. Many benefits can be proved as below. Pterostilbene for blood sugar and lipid metabolism and as Anti-Cancer Nutrient Regarding the blood sugar and lipid metabolism, it can prevent elevated blood sugar and insulin resistance from a high fructose diet and can lower totalcholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL- and VLDL-cholesterol in diet-induced hyperlipidemia.
With regards to anti-cancer effect, current study shows it can inhibit breast, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer and skin cancer.
Pterostilbene is not known to be toxic to humans so far and can be found on darker grapes having the highest concentrations among the fruit.
06 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) History
07 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Mechanism Of Action
08 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Application
Pterostilbene has been used:
- to investigate its anti-oxidative stress activities and the involvement of the nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 (Nrf2)-antioxidant response element (ARE) signaling pathway
- to determine its effects on transcriptional activation of estrogen receptor-α (ERα) in hormone resistant breast cancer cells)
- to study its effects on the cytotoxicity of 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulphide (CEES) in human epidermoid carcinoma cells (A-431) through MTT (3-[4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl]-2,5 diphenyl tetrazolium bromide)viability assay
09 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) More research
terostilbene is being studied in laboratory and preliminary clinical research. Asof 2019, there are no published clinical studies on the safety or properties ofpterostilbene when consumed by humans. Pterostilbene is considered to be a corrosive substance, is dangerous upon exposure to the eyes, and is an environmental toxin, especially to aquatic life.
10 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Document Download
11 Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Reference
- PubChem, National Library of Medicine, US National Institutes of Health. 16 November 2019. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Pharmacometrics of pterostilbene: preclinical pharmacokinetics and metabolism, anticancer, antiinflammatory, antioxidant and analgesic activity: C.M. Remsberg, et al.; Phytother. Res. 22, 169 (2008), Abstract;
- Dietary pterostilbene supplementation attenuates intestinal damage and immunological stress of broiler chickens challenged with lipopolysaccharide1.
Zhang H, Chen Y, Chen Y, Li Y, Jia P, Ji S, Zhou Y, Wang T.
12 PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.
- 01. Overview
- 02. Contact Us
- 03. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) video
- 04. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Base Information
- 05. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) General Description
- 06. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) History
- 07. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Mechanism Of Action
- 08. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Application
- 09. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) More research
- 10. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Document Download
- 11. Pterostilbene powder (537-42-8) Reference
- 12. PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER: