02 Contact Us
03 NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) video
04 NADH (disodium salt) Base Information
|Chemical name||beta-Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide disodium salt(NADH 2Na)|
|Synonyms||NADH (disodium salt) |
Disodium nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide
|Molecular Weight||709.4 g/mol|
|Storage Condition||Store in a sealed airtight container, keep the air out, protected from heat, light and humidity.|
|Application||NADH is used for improving mental clarity, alertness, concentration, and memory; as well as for treating Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Because of its role in energy production, NADH is also used for improving athletic performance and treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).|
05 NADH (disodium salt) General Description
NADH powder, or reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, is made in your body from niacin, a type of B vitamin. NADH powder plays a role in generating energy in the body and is sometimes taken in supplement form to treat chronic fatigue syndrome (also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis or ME/CFS).
Alternative practitioners believe that NADH can boost energy levels and improve mental clarity, alertness, concentration, and memory. Some athletes even take NADH to enhance performance and endurance. Although there are some promising findings, the evidence supporting NADH’s use is often mixed or contradictory.
06 NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) History
NADH is the reduced form of NAD+, and NAD+ is the oxidized form of NADH, a coenzyme composed of ribosylnicotinamide 5′-diphosphate coupled to adenosine 5′-phosphate by pyrophosphate linkage. It is found widely in nature and is involved in numerous enzymatic reactions in which it serves as an electron carrier by being alternately oxidized (NAD+) and reduced (NADH). It forms NADP with the addition of a phosphate group to the 2′ position of the adenosyl nucleotide through an ester linkage.
07 NADH (disodium salt) Mechanism Of Action
NADH produced by our bodies is involved in making energy in the body. While there is some evidence that suggests NADH supplements might reduce blood pressure, lower cholesterol, help chronic fatigue syndrome by providing energy, and increase nerve signals for people with Parkinson’s disease, there isn’t enough information to know for sure how or if these supplements work.
08 NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) Application
Proponents of NADH supplements believe that they can boost the natural effects of NADH in the brain. Some even go so far as to suggest they can restore memory and cognitive function in people with Alzheimer’s disease.
The bulk of the current research has been focused on NADH’s use in treating ME/CFS. Much of the evidence is anecdotal or based on rational hypotheses rather than clinical fact.
Among some of the theories as to why NADH may be beneficial:
- NADH helps enzymes in your body convert food into energy in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Studies suggest that some people with ME/CFS have low levels of ATP.
- Research also shows that NADH can stimulate brain function, which may helpalleviate the cognitive dysfunction associated with ME/CFS.
- NADH may reduce the fatigue by restoring the function of the mitochondria (tiny structures that power your cells). ME/CFS is believed to involve mitochondrial dysfunction.
- NADH may help your brain create neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) that influence mood and cognitive function (including serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine.)
09 NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) More research
There are even ongoing investigations as to whether NADH, delivered by injection or intravenously (into a vein), can slow the progression of Parkinson’s disease.
10 NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) Document Download
11 NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) Reference
12 PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
- 01. Overview
- 02. Contact Us
- 03. NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) video
- 04. NADH (disodium salt) Base Information
- 05. NADH (disodium salt) General Description
- 06. NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) History
- 07. NADH (disodium salt) Mechanism Of Action
- 08. NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) Application
- 09. NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) More research
- 10. NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) Document Download
- 11. NADH (disodium salt) (606-68-8) Reference
- 12. PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER: