Lorcaserin powder , a highly selective 5HT2C receptor agonist, is used for the treatment of obesity. It has been shown to reduce body weightand food intake in animal models of obesity, and it is thought that targeting the 5HT2C receptor may alter body weight by regulating satiety. Lorcaserin ismarketed as a salt form called Belviq, which is lorcaserin hydrochloride.
02 Lorcaserin powder (616202-92-7) video
03 Lorcaserin powder (616202-92-7) Base Information
|Synonyms||Lorcaserin; Belviq; Belvig; HSDB 8128;|
|Appearance||white crystalline powder|
|Half Life||The plasma half life is approximately 11 hours.|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO|
|Storage Condition||Dry, dark and at 0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).|
|Application||Used for forchronic weight management, to treating obesity.|
04 Lorcaserin powderGeneral Description
Lorcaserin powder is a new drug for the treatment of obesity , belonging to oral potent selective serotonin 2C receptor agonists, lorcaserin hydrochloride is successfully developed by the US company Arena, on June 27, 2012 by the US FDAit is approved for marketing, as adjuvant therapy for obesity or mergewith at least one weight-related complications in overweight adults in low-calorie diet and exercise basis . Clinical studies show that the drug can reduce weight of obesity and overweight patients ,it can improve obesity-related metabolic parameters, and it is well tolerated. Lorcaserin affinity for the 5-HT2c 100 times higher than the 5-HT2B (valvular heart disease risk) ,it has good safety,it is the first FDA-approved weight-loss drug after 1999 . In a year of Lorcaserin treatment, the average weight loss ranges from 3 to 3.7 percent.
05 Lorcaserin powder (616202-92-7) History
Obesity is the second most common preventable cause of death, second only to tobaccouse. Evidence suggests that weight reduction substantially lowers the risk of related comorbidities and fosters their therapeutic. In June 2012, the US FDA approved lorcaserin forchronic weight management in adult patients who are characterized as overweight or obese and have at least one comorbid, weight-related condition. Lorcaserin (also known as APD356) is the first 5-HT2C agonist approved for chronic weight management since the withdrawal of the 5-HT2C agonist fenfluramine in 1997 due to rare cases of cardiac valvulopathy. It plays a big role in helping people lose weight in health and safety.
06 Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Mechanism Of Action
Although the exact mechanism is unknown, it is believed to involve the selective activation of 5-HT2C receptors in the anorexigenic pro-opiomelanocortin neurons in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus. This results in decreased food intake and satiety by promoting the release of alpha-melanocortin stimulating hormone, which acts on melanocortin-4receptors.
07 Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Application
♦Treat obesity that may be related to diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.
08 Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) More research
Lorcaserin, combined with diet and exercise, can be used to produce additional weight loss, although the effect on morbidity and mortality is not known. It should be discontinued in patients who do not lose at least 5% of their body weight in the first 12 weeks because they are unlikely to have any additional weight loss. Initial two-year studies did not demonstrate cardiac valvulopathy, but these studies excluded patients with significant cardiac disease. Euphoric effects at supratherapeutic dosages make the potential for recreational drug abuse a valid concern.
09 Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Document Download
10 Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Reference
- Aronne L, Shanahan W, Fain R, Glicklich A, Soliman W, Li Y, Smith S. Safety and efficacy of lorcaserin: a combined analysis of the BLOOM and BLOSSOM trials. Postgrad Med. 2014 Oct;126(6):7-18. doi: 10.3810/pgm.2014.10.2817. PubMed PMID: 25414931.
- Serafine KM, Rice KC, France CP. Directly Observable Behavioral Effects of Lorcaserin in Rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015 Dec;355(3):381-5. doi: 10.1124/jpet.115.228148. Epub 2015 Sep 17. PubMed PMID: 26384326; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4658489.
- In obesity: unacceptable risks. Prescrire Int. 2014 May;23(149):117-20. PubMed PMID: 24926508.
- Halpern B, Halpern A. Safety assessment of FDA-approved (orlistat and lorcaserin) anti-obesity medications. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2015 Feb;14(2):305-15. doi: 10.1517/14740338.2015.994502. Epub 2015 Jan 7. Review. PubMed PMID:25563411.
- A Comprehensive Comparison of Weight Loss Drug Lorcaserin vs Orlistat For Treatment of Obesity
- 2020 Best Nootropic Choline Source Citicoline Vs. Alpha GPC
- 2020 L-theanine Nootropics: Everything You Need To Know About
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.
- 01. Overview
- 02. Lorcaserin powder (616202-92-7) video
- 03. Lorcaserin powder (616202-92-7) Base Information
- 04. Lorcaserin powderGeneral Description
- 05. Lorcaserin powder (616202-92-7) History
- 06. Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Application
- 08. Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) More research
- 09. Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Document Download
- 10. Lorcaserin (616202-92-7) Reference