Aniracetam (brand names Draganon, Sarpul, Ampamet, Memodrin, Referan), also known as N-anisoyl-2-pyrrolidinone, is a pyrrolidinone-type cognition enhancer that has been clinically used in the treatment of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia following stroke and in Alzheimer's disease.
02 Oxiracetam powder (62613-82-5) video
03 Oxiracetam powder Base Information
|Synonyms||Aniracetam; Ampamet; Ro-13-5057; Ro 13 5057; Ro135057; Draganon; Sarpul|
|Molecular Weight||219.237 g/mol|
|Appearance||White to Off-white powder|
|Half Life||1-2.5 hours|
|Solubility||Aniracetam powder is fat soluble and is better taken with meals or fats like fish oil. During our test, aniracetam was not soluble in any solvent when at room temperature. However, when heated to85° C, aniracetam displayed high solubility in oil.|
|Storage Condition||0 – 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).|
|Application||Aniracetam used in the treatment of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia following stroke and in Alzheimer’s disease.|
04 Oxiracetam powderGeneral Description
Aniracetam, also known as Ampamet and Ro-13-5057, is a pyrrolidinone-type cognition enhancer that has been clinically used in the treatment of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia following stroke and in Alzheimer’s disease. Aniracetam appears to positively modulate metabotropic glutamate receptors and alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA)-sensitive glutamate receptors, and may facilitate cholinergic transmission, effects which are possibly related to its mechanism of action.
05 Oxiracetam powder (62613-82-5) History
Piracetam was the first nootropic drug ever discovered in the 1960s. It was primarily used for helping people with motion sickness. Soon after its discovery,this drug was studied for its effects on memory in 1971.1
The very first class of nootropics belonged to a group called racetams. This included piracetam, which was the first nootropic drug to be thoroughly studied. This drug was found to have a positive effect on memory, learning, cognition, and mood. Soon after the discovery of piracetam, aniracetam and otherderivatives were discovered and developed as nootropic agents.
06 Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Mechanism Of Action
The reason the aniracetam dosage matters is because aniracetam is unique from other drugs in the family. Piracetam and aniracetam have widely varied dosages because of the differences in their mechanism.
Aniracetam is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and has a short half life,which makes it a potent tool for focus and concentration benefits. Many people who use aniracetam on internet communities note that it is an incrediblyeffective tool for this purpose.
Although the recommended aniracetam dosage is around 750 mg x 2 servings,you may be better off taking more servings than two because of the stimulating effects. You may want to take upwards of 3 – 4 servings of smaller doses to get the full effects.
07 Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Application
Classified as a smart drug, aniracetam is typically used in alternative medicineto sharpen memory, improve concentration, and increase mental alertness. In addition, aniracetam is sometimes used for the following conditions:
attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Aniracetam is also touted as an anti-aging agent.
08 Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) More research
Aniracetam is a member of the nootropic class of drugs, which have possible cognition enhancing effects. It appears to positively modulate metabotropic glutamate receptors and alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid (AMPA)-sensitive glutamate receptors, and may facilitate cholinergic transmission, effects which are possibly related to its mechanism of action. Results from trials in elderly patients with mild to moderate cognitive impairment due to senile dementia of the Alzheimer type suggest that aniracetam may be of benefit, with further trials required to confirm its efficacy profile and to define more precisely those patients most likely to respond to treatment. Aniracetam 1500 mg/day was significantly more effective than placebo in all tests at 4 and 6 months, and in a further 6-month trial was more effective than piracetam 2400 mg/day in 8 of 18 tests. Preliminary evidence in the treatment of patients with cognitive impairment of cerebrovascular origin suggests aniracetam may also be of benefit in this condition. Whilst incidence rates of adverse effects are not yet available, data from trials suggest aniracetam is well tolerated. In particular, aniracetam does not appear to cause increases in liver enzyme levels. The evaluation of drugs for patients with senile cognitive disorders is a difficult area and therapeutic options are currently limited. Preliminary evidence of the potential benefits and good tolerability profile of aniracetam support continued evaluation of its use in patients with mild to moderate senile dementia of the Alzheimer type.
09 Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Document Download
10 Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Reference
- Elston TW, Pandian A, Smith GD, Holley AJ, Gao N, Lugo JN. Aniracetam does not alter cognitive and affective behavior in adult C57BL/6J mice. PLoS One. 2014 Aug 6;9(8):e104443. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0104443. PubMed PMID: 25099639; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4123976.
- Koliaki CC, Messini C, Tsolaki M. Clinical efficacy of aniracetam, either as monotherapy or combined with cholinesterase inhibitors, in patients with cognitive impairment: a comparative open study. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2012 Apr;18(4):302-12. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5949.2010.00244.x. PubMed PMID: 22070796.
- Li Y, Hu D, Sun Y. Content determination of aniracetam in aniracetam inclusion complex by HPLC. Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol. 2009;37(3):143-5. doi: 10.1080/10731190902908387. PubMed PMID: 19412824.
- The Ultimate Comparison Guide of Racetam Nootropics
- Ultimate Guide of Sunifiram vs Unifiram in 2019: Which One is better?
- Aniracetam Review: Is This Nootropic Powder Good For You?
- 2019 Best Nootropic Choline Source Citicoline Vs. Alpha GPC
- 2019 The Ultimate Guide of Antioxidant Sesamol
- Oxiracetam Nootropics: Everything You Need To Know About This Nootropic In The Racetam Family
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.
- 01. Overview
- 02. Oxiracetam powder (62613-82-5) video
- 03. Oxiracetam powder Base Information
- 04. Oxiracetam powderGeneral Description
- 05. Oxiracetam powder (62613-82-5) History
- 06. Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Application
- 08. Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) More research
- 09. Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Document Download
- 10. Oxiracetam (62613-82-5) Reference