02 Galantamine Hydrobromide powder video
03 Galantamine Hydrobromide Base Information
|Name||Galantamine Hydrobromide powder|
|Chemical name||69353-21-5 |
|Molecular Weight||368.3 g/mol|
|Half Life||16-20 hours|
|Solubility||Fairly soluble in hot water; freely soluble in alcohol, acetone, chloroform. Less sol in benzene, ether.|
|Storage Condition||2-8°C, keep container tightly in a dry place, out of light.|
|Application||Galantamine hydrobromid is used for treatment of mild to moderate dementia of the Alzheimer type.|
04 Galantamine Hydrobromide General Description
Galantamine competitively and reversibly inhibits acetylcholinesterase, thereby increasing the concentration and enhancing the action of acetylcholine (Ach).
In addition, galantamine is a ligand for nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, which may increase the presynaptic release of Ach and activate postsynaptic receptors.
This agent may improve neurocognitive function in mild and moderate Alzheimer’ s disease and may reduce abstinence-induced cognitive symptoms that promote smoking relapse.
05 Galantamine Hydrobromide powder History
Galantamine Hydrobromide powder is the hydrobromide salt form of galantamine, a tertiary alkaloid obtained synthetically or naturally from the bulbs and flowers of Narcissus and several other genera of the Amaryllidaceae family with anticholinesterase and neurocognitive-enhancing activities.
06 Galantamine Hydrobromide Mechanism Of Action
Galantamine is a phenanthrene alkaloid and a reversible, competitive acetylcholinesterase inhibitor.
It is not structurally related to other acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Galantamine’s proposed mechanism of action involves the reversible inhibition of acetylcholinesterase, which prevents the hydrolysis of acetycholine, leading to an increased concentration of acetylcholine at cholinergic synapses.
Galantamine also binds allosterically with nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and may possibly potentiate the action of agonists (such as acetylcholine) at these receptors.
07 Galantamine Hydrobromide Application
Galanthamine Hydrobromide mainly used in myasthenia gravis, poliovirus quiescent stage and sequela, also in polyneuritis, funiculitis and sensorimotor barrier caused by nervous system disease or traumatism.
It’s major used in Alzheimer’s disease, has the principal function for dement and dysmnesia caused by organic brain damage.
08 Galantamine Hydrobromide More research
Galantamine hydrobromide is weak anticholinesterase drug through the blood-brain barrier, it is the role of the central nervous system.
Galantamine hydrobromide can also be used for children with cerebral palsy, traumatic sensorimotor disorder, polyneuritis and radiculitis etc.
09 Galantamine Hydrobromide Document Download
10 Galantamine Hydrobromide Reference
- 1, [Serious cutaneous reactions to galantamine hydrobromide (Reminyl® and generics)]. Schmutz JL et al. Ann Dermatol Venereol. (2016)
- 2, Galantamine-loaded solid-lipid nanoparticles for enhanced brain delivery: preparation, characterization, in vitro and in vivo evaluations. Misra S et al. Drug Deliv. (2016)
- 3, PVC membrane, coated-wire, and carbon-paste ion-selective electrodes for potentiometric determination of galantamine hydrobromide in physiological fluids. Abdel-Haleem FM et al. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. (2018)
- 4, Parkinson’s Diseases. Shimohama S, Kawamata J. In: Akaike A, Shimohama S, Misu Y, editors. Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Signaling in Neuroprotection [Internet]. Singapore: Springer; 2018. Chapter 8. 2018 Apr 4. PMID: 31314416
PRECAUTION AND DISCLAIMER:
This Material is Sold For Research Use Only. Terms of Sale Apply. Not for Human Consumption, nor Medical, Veterinary, or Household Uses.
- 01. Overview
- 02. Galantamine Hydrobromide powder video
- 03. Galantamine Hydrobromide Base Information
- 04. Galantamine Hydrobromide General Description
- 05. Galantamine Hydrobromide powder History
- 06. Galantamine Hydrobromide Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Galantamine Hydrobromide Application
- 08. Galantamine Hydrobromide More research
- 09. Galantamine Hydrobromide Document Download
- 10. Galantamine Hydrobromide Reference