Magnesium L-Threonate powder, patented under the name Magtein, is the only form of Magnesium shown to effectively increase levels of Magnesium in the Brain. Scientists measured magnesium concentrations in the brain following the treatment of different magnesium compounds over the course of 24 days. They discovered only Magtein was able to effectively raise fluid magnesium concentrations with statistical significance. This may lead to multiple benefits including a better nights sleep and improved cognitive function.
02 Magnesium L-threonate powder video
03 Magnesium L-threonate Base Information
|Name||Magnesium L-threonate powder|
|Chemical name||Magnesium (2R,3S)-2,3,4-trihydroxybutanoate
L-Threonic acid magnesium salt
|Synonyms||Magnesium L-threonate anhydrous|
|Molecular Weight||294.495 g/mol|
|Appearance||white to off-white|
|Storage Condition||Store at dry and clean room temperature, in a sealed airtight container, keep the air out, protected from heat, light and humidity.|
|Application||Magnesium L-Threonate is the most absorbable form of Magnesium Pills. It is used to improve memory, assist with sleep, and to enhance overall cognitive function (especially as one ages).|
04 Magnesium L-Threonate General Description
Magnesium L-Threonate powder is a salt of magnesium and L-Threonate with neuroprotective and nootropic effects. Magnesium L-Threonate is the main ingredient of a nutritional supplement containing the L-threonate form of magnesium (Mg) that can be used to normalize Mg levels in the body. Upon administration, Mg is utilized by the body for many biochemical functions and reactions including: bone and muscle function, protein and fatty acid formation, activation of B vitamins, blood clotting, insulin secretion, and ATP formation. Mg also serves as a catalyst for many enzymes throughout the body. In addition, magnesium improves the functioning of the immune system by enhancing the expression of natural killer activating receptor NKG2D in cytotoxic T-lymphocytes and natural killer (NK) cells. This increases their anti-viral and anti-tumor cytotoxic effects. Check for active clinical trials using this agent.
05 Magnesium L-Threonate powder History
Magnesium L-Threonate powder is a patented product called Magteinä, developed by researchers at MIT including a Nobel Prize winner. Their research has demonstrated actual restoration of function in aging neurons in laboratory animals. Further, it appears that this specific form of magnesium, Magteinä, may in fact be the only form of magnesium that significantly increases the levels of magnesium within the brain.
06 Magnesium L-Threonate Mechanism Of Action
Magnesium L-Threonate significantly enhances the bioavailability of magnesium
Magnesium L-Threonate inhibits the activation of NMDA receptors and blocks calcium channels, decreasing neuronal hyperexcitation and excititoxicity
Magnesium L-Threonate can greatly improve both short and long-term memory and delay age-related memory impairment
Magnesium L-Threonate can have anxiolytic effects and improve sleep quality
Magnesium L-Threonate improves synaptic activity and plasticity
Magnesium L-Threonate improves glucose metabolism and energy production
Magnesium L-Threonate may increase cerebrospinal fluid in the brain
07 Magnesium L-Threonate Application
Magnesium L-threonate (brand name, Magtein), Magnesium L-Threonate contains the optimal balance of elemental magnesium as it is formulated for absorption and not as a laxative.Magnesium L-threonate used to improve memory, assist with sleep, and to enhance overall cognitive function (especially as one ages)
A group of scientists from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), including a Nobel Prize laureate, discovered a unique compound called Magtein™.
Magtein™ is the only magnesium compound that has been shown to effectively raise the brain’s magnesium levels.
While other common magnesium compounds generally do not improve brain magnesium levels, studies show that higher magnesium concentrations in the brain and improved cognitive ability occur with Magtein™.
Animal studies show this can lead to enhanced learning abilities, improved working memory and better short- and long-term memory in both young and aged animals.
08 Magnesium L-Threonate More research
Magtein’s effect on short term, long Term, and work memory has been studied extensively. Scientists have discovered that Magnesium L-Threonate significantly boosts short, long term, and working memory in both young and aged animals. Studies also have shown that Magtein increases synaptic density in the hippocampus region of the brain for aging animals. Magtein is the ONLY type of magnesium that has been clinically proven to provide these benefits.
Many customers report having an easier time falling and staying asleep when taking Magnesium L-Threonate before bed. Geoffrey Maitland wrote “Magnesium L-Threonate is my go-to for a great night’s sleep. I’ve been very satisfied by this seller and their products.” Improved sleep quality is the primary benefit our customers should expect immediately upon using our Magnesium. A better nights sleep may also lead to improved thinking, memory, and cognitive function the next day.
09 Magnesium L-Threonate Document Download
10 Magnesium L-Threonate Reference
- Slutsky I, et al (2010). Enhancement of learning and memory by elevating brain magnesium. Neuron. 2010 Jan 28;65(2):165-77. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2009.12.026
- Liu G, Weinger JG, Lu ZL, et al. Efficacy and Safety of MMFS-01, a Synapse Density Enhancer, for Treating Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;49(4):971-90.
- Johnson JW and Ascher P. (1990). Voltage-dependent block by intracellular Mg2+ of N-methyl-D-aspartate-activated channels. Biophys J, 57(5):1085-90. doi: 10.1016/S0006-3495(90)82626-6
- Mitchell AJ. The clinical significance of subjective memory complaints in the diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment and dementia: a meta-analysis. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2008;23(11):1191-202.
- A Comprehensive Overview on Nootropics Supplements Magnesium L-threonate
- Best Nootropic Stack Guide: Everything You Need To Know [5 Years Experience]
- Oxiracetam Nootropics: Everything You Need To Know About This Nootropic In The Racetam Family
- 01. Overview
- 02. Magnesium L-threonate powder video
- 03. Magnesium L-threonate Base Information
- 04. Magnesium L-Threonate General Description
- 05. Magnesium L-Threonate powder History
- 06. Magnesium L-Threonate Mechanism Of Action
- 07. Magnesium L-Threonate Application
- 08. Magnesium L-Threonate More research
- 09. Magnesium L-Threonate Document Download
- 10. Magnesium L-Threonate Reference