Astragaloside IV is a bioactive saponin first isolated from the dried plant roots of the genus Astragalus, which is used in traditional Chinese medicine.1 It dose-dependently inhibits human adenovirus type 3 (HAdV-3) in A549 cells (IC50 = 23 µM; LC50 = 865 µM).2 It inhibits replication of HAdV-3 and decreases HAdV-3-induced apoptosis. It has diverse protective effects for the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, and nervous systems.1,3 In particular, it reduces myocardial infarct size in dogs when administered prior to coronary ligation and reduces reperfusion.
Manufacture: Batch Production
Package: 1KG/bag, 25KG/drum
Astragaloside IV Powder Base Information
|Name||Astragaloside IV Powder|
|Chemical name||Astragaloside IV|
|Melting Point||295-296° C (lit.)|
|Appearance||White to pale yellow powders|
|Solubility||Soluble in methanol, ethanol, acetone; Insoluble inchloroform, ethyl acetate and other weak polar organic solvents.|
|Storage Condition||Store at -20° C|
|Application||vasodilator, antihypertensive, antiaging|
Astragaloside IV Powder 84687-43-4 General Description
Astragaloside IV is a pentacyclic triterpenoid that is cycloastragenol having beta-D-xylopyranosyl and beta-D-glucopyranosyl residues attached at positions O-3 and O-6 respectively. It is isolated from Astragalus membranaceus var mongholicus. It has a role as an EC 18.104.22.168 (carbonic anhydrase) inhibitor, an anti-inflammatory agent, a neuroprotective agent, an antioxidant, a pro-angiogenic agent and a plant metabolite. It is a triterpenoid saponin and a pentacyclic triterpenoid. It derives from a cycloastragenol.
Astragaloside IV Powder 84687-43-4 History
Astragaloside IV is a traditional Chinese herb compound, and the key benefits include anti-aging, immune boosting, better and deeper sleep, hair growth, libido enhancer, and anti-inflammatory.
Astragaloside IV Powder 84687-43-4 Mechanism Of Action
Astragaloside IV is a cycloartane-type triterpene glycosides, it is one of the main active ingredients of traditional Chinese medicine Astragalus membranaceus, whose content is the main criteria for evaluation of the quality merits of Astragalus membranaceus. Astragaloside IV has effects in anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, hypoglycemic, myocardial protection, anti-viral myocarditis, protecting brain tissue and anti-hepatitis B virus etc., and it has a wide range of pharmacological effects and very bright application.
Astragaloside IV Powder 84687-43-4 More research
- Immunomodulatory effect: Astragaloside IV, mouse peritoneal macrophages and Mycobacterium tuberculosis were co-cultured to test the phagocytic ability to Mycobacterium tuberculosis of mouse peritoneal macrophages, and the content of γ-interferon (IFN-γ) and interleukin-1β (IL-1β) in the culture medium was detected as well.
- Organ protection effect, which include Brain protection, Kidney protection, Lung protection, myocardial protection, liver protection
- Hypoglycemic effect: Taking rats with type-2 diabetes as research objects to study the regulation of astragaloside IV to hepatic glucose enzymes in rats with that streptomycin and high-fat diet induced diabetes.
- Anti-apoptotic effect: astragaloside IV can significantly reduce the apoptosis index of myocardial cells with CVB3 viral myocarditis.
- Anti-inflammatory and antiviral effect: astragaloside IV significantly inhibited the xylene-induced ear edema in mice, with a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
- Anti-aging effect: the anti-aging effect of astragaloside IV is related to its functions in scavenging free radical and anti-lipid peroxidation, promoting protein turnover, eliminating nucleic acid metabolic disorders and promoting the proliferation and apoptosis of human skin fibroblasts.
- Promoting cell proliferation: appropriate concentration of astragaloside IV can promote the rapid proliferation of chondrocytes and maintain the activity of chondrocytes, providing a new way for cartilage tissue engineering to get a lot of seed cells and maintain chondrocyte activity in a short term.
Astragaloside IV Powder 84687-43-4 Reference
- Zhang, Wei-Jian., et al., 2003. Antiinflammatory activity of astragaloside IV is mediated by inhibition of NF-kappaB activation and adhesion molecule expression. Thrombosis and haemostasis. 90(5): 904-14. PMID: 14597987
- Li M, et al. Astragaloside IV attenuates cognitive impairments induced by transient cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in mice via anti-inflammatory mechanisms. Neurosci Lett. 2016 Dec 20.
- He CS, et al. Astragaloside IV Enhances Cisplatin Chemosensitivity in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells Through Inhibition of B7-H3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;40(5):1221-1229. Epub 2016 Dec 14.