Sesamin Powder 607-80-7
Sesamin is a naturally occurring lignan that is present in sesame seed and pure sesame oil. Besides being a strong antioxidant, sesamin powder has shown great promiseas a lipid oxidizer as well as to support anti-inflammatory action. Sesamin being a magic component in sesame seeds represents strong antioxidation in life body. Sesamin helps protect blood vessels by scavenging free radicals and ensuring efficient nutrient and oxygen deliver for healthy brain function.
Manufacture: Batch Production
Package: 1KG/bag, 25KG/drum
Sesamin Powder 607-80-7 Base Information
|Synonyms||Fagarol; Fsesamin; SezaMin; SESAMIN; d-Sesamin; NSC 36403; L-Sesamin; SesameP.E.;SESAMIN(P); Sesamin|
|Melting Point||121.0 to 125.0 °C|
|Appearance||Light Yellow or White Fine Powder|
|Half Life||less than 6 hours|
|Solubility||DMSO: 10 mg/mL|
|Application||Sesamin is a non-competitive inhibitor of Δ5-desaturase|
Sesamin powder 607-80-7 General Description
Sesamin is a white powder soluble in organic solvents, such as methanol, ethanol and DMSO. Sesamin powder also has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is mainly used in supplements for regulating blood fat and blood pressure and improving liver health. It can also be used in pharmaceuticals.
Sesamin inhibits the conversion of DGLA to arachidonic acid, and consequently decreases the formation of proinflammatory 2-series prostaglandins.Sesamin can decrease cholesterol levels, while increasing high density lipoprotein (HDL aka “good cholesterol”) levels,sesamin can be an anti-inflammatory skin problem: sesamin can inhibit the growth of SC (skin cancer) cell. It can protect skin from UV rays.
Sesamin powder 607-80-7 History
Sesamin powder is a lignan isolated from the bark of Fagara plants and from sesame oil. It has been used as a dietary fat-reduction supplement, although no controlled studies on this application have been performed. Its major metabolite is enterolactone, which has an elimination half life of less than 6 hours. Sesamin and sesamolin are minor components of sesame oil, on average comprising only 0.14% of the oil by mass.
Sesamin powder 607-80-7 Mechanism Of Action
- Sesamin has effect on improving the lipid profile.
- It has function of normalizing the blood pressure.
- It can be used for loss weight.
- It can increase ketone production.
- It also has function of anti-inflammatory.Sesamin has effect on antiviral, fungicides, antioxidants, insecticide synergist.
- It can also be used to the treatment of bronchitis.
- It has the function of inhibition the influenza virus, Sendai virus and Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Sesamin powder 607-80-7 More research
Health Benefits of sesamin powder:
- Black sesame seeds extract powder can accelerate the body’s metabolic function.
- Black sesame seeds extract powder are rich in iron and vitamin E ,which play an important role in prevention of anemia, activation of brain cells and elimination of the vascular cholesterol.
- It contains unsaturated fatty acids, so it can promote longevity.
- Black sesame seed extract powder is widely used in food and healthcare industry.
Sesamin powder 607-80-7 Reference
- Akimoto, K., et al., 1993. Protective effects of sesamin against liver damage caused by alcohol or carbon tetrachloride in rodents. Annals of nutrition & metabolism. 37(4): 218-24. PMID: 8215239
- Kamal-Eldin A; Moazzami A; Washi S (January 2011). “Sesame seed lignans: potent physiological modulators and possible ingredients in functional foods & nutraceuticals”. Recent Pat Food Nutr Agric. 3 (1): 17–
- Peñalvo JL; Heinonen SM; Aura AM; Adlercreutz H (May 2005). “Dietary sesamin is converted to enterolactone in humans”. J. Nutr. 135 (5): 1056–1062.